PSYCHOLOGY UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAM (30% ENGLISH)
The aim of the program is to furnish students with basic knowledge in psychology; enable them to think critically and design and conduct scientific research while being aware of their responsibilities towards oneself, environment and the society and the skills to transform their scientific education into practice by adhering to professional ethics and providing the scientific and academic environment required for raising psychologists with high awareness, self-esteem and communication skills.
The names, contents and ECTS credits of the courses that students can take during their 4-year education in the undergraduate program of the Department of Psychology are presented below. To get detailed information about each PSY coded course, simply click on the name of the course below. In order to graduate from the program, students must have successfully completed all compulsory and elective courses without any F1 or F2 grade in their transcripts. At least three of the 10 elective courses that students must successfully complete must be selected from different sub-fields of psychology. In addition, the student should successfully complete an elective course from the Faculty of Fine Arts, Design and Architecture. In the program, students are required to complete a minimum of 240 ECTS credits and to have a GPA of at least 2.00 out of 4.00.
Language of the Program
Program uses the bilingual education model. The courses in the program, which aim to provide students with an internationally qualified scientific basis, are entirely in English. In the courses that are more application-oriented and aim to develop the skills that graduates will need while working in the field, the language of expression is Turkish. In this way, it is aimed for students to have both the basics of psychology at an international level and to acquire the practical skills they will use in their professional lives. The application of this education model in our department is as follows:
1. All the class materials (books, articles and other materials) that will be used through the 4 years are in English .
2. The students will be provided with supplementary English courses for all 8 semesters in 4 years.
3. In at least 30% of the total courses, the language of instruction is English.
4. The language of the courses taken by the students coming with the Erasmus exchange program is English.
Key Learning Outcomes
1. Has theoretical knowledge and practical skills supported by current course materials related to developments in psychological science.
2. Thinks, questions, and comments in a creative, critical and dynamic fashion with the knowledge and tools acquired.
3. Can analyze and synthesize knowledge of the subdomains of psychology and other scientific disciplines.
4. Has the skills to define, analyze, evaluate and assess the alternative solutions for the personal/social problems encountered and apply the best solution addressed by scientific knowledge.
5. Selects the research method (observation, interview, questionnaire etc.) and data gathering tools pertinent to the research question (qualitative or quantitative) and analyses the data with the statistical knowledge using the necessary software (Jamovi, R, MAXQDA, NVivo etc.).
6. Interprets the results obtained from the research according to the scientific literature and reports them in accordance with the appropriate writing format (APA, MLA etc.).
7. Presents the results of the research in national and international conferences and publishes them in scientific journals, books, and similar resources.
8. Can effectively utilize appropriate methods for presenting, sharing, and discussing scientific knowledge.
9. Have knowledge about the measurement tools in applied psychology, alongside their applications, evaluations, and reporting.
10. Can use the library, scientific databases, the internet, and other sources of information effectively.
11. Is qualified for the requirements of training on Turkish and English languages.
12. Uses the acquired knowledge by adhering to professional ethical principles.
13. Acknowledges the importance of individual differences and biodiversity for life.
1. Year (Basic Science Education)
The purpose of the first acedemic year is to provide the students with knowledge on basic science and research. Introductory courses on psychology and research are presented to prepare the students for field courses.
2. Year (Basic Field Education I)
The purpose of the second academic year is to provide the students with general formation on psychology. For this purpose, the basic branches of psychology will be introduced and training on methodology will become more elaborate
PSİ202 Psikolojide Yazılım ve Programlama
PSİ212 Davranış Bilimlerinde İstatistik II (ÖK: PSİ211)
PSY222 Deneysel Psikoloji II: Duyum ve Algı
PSİ224 Davranışın Fizyolojik Temelleri
PSY242 Gelişim Psikolojisi
ATA202 Atatürk İlkeleri ve İnkılap Tarihi II
ENGL202 English for Academic Purposes IV (ÖK: ENGL201)
3. Year (Basic Field Education II)
The purpose of the second academic year is to continue providing the students with general formation on psychology. For this purpose, more courses on the the branches of psychology will be provided.
4. Year (Specialization)
The aim of the fourth academic year is to enable the student, who has already acquired knowledge on science and psychology, to specialize by choosing courses from at least 3 branches of psychology.
PSİ400 Kültürel Psikoloji
PSİ403 Yeni Medya ve Psikoloji
PSİ404 Çevre Psikolojisi
PSİ405 Adli Psikoloji
PSİ406 Varoluşçu Psikoloji
PSİ407 Sağlık Psikolojisi
PSİ408 Evrimsel Psikoloji
PSİ409 Toplumsal Cinsiyet
PSİ410 Deneysel Desen
PSİ411 Uygulamalı Nitel Araştırma Yöntemleri
PSİ412 Bağımsız Çalışma
PSİ413 Laboratuvar Çalışmaları
PSİ414 Nitel Veri Analizi
PSİ423 Bilinç Durumları
PSİ424 Kişilerarası Nörobiyoloji
PSİ425 Nöropsikolojik Testler
PSİ426 Öğrenme Kuramları
PSİ427 Karşılaştırmalı Psikoloji
PSİ430 Benlik Psikolojisi
PSİ431 Sosyal Algı ve Biliş
PSİ432 Sosyal Yargı ve Karar Alma
PSİ433 Yakın İlişkiler
PSİ434 Grup Davranışı
PSİ435 Siyaset Psikolojisi
PSİ436 Terörizm Psikolojisi
PSİ437 Sosyal Psikoloji ve Sinema
PSİ438 Deneysel Sosyal Psikoloji
PSİ440 Bilişsel Gelişim
PSİ441 Yaşlanma Psikolojisi
PSİ442 Gelişim ve Sosyalleşme
PSİ444 Gelişimsel Psikopatoloji
PSİ450 Bilişsel-Davranışçı Terapilere Giriş
PSİ453 Gestalt Terapisine Giriş
PSİ454 Şema Terapiye Giriş
PSİ455 Psikodinamik Terapilere Giriş
PSİ456 Aile Terapilerine Giriş
PSİ457 Çocuk Psikopatolojisi
PSİ458 Duygu Düzenleme ve Psikopatoloji
PSİ459 Psikopatolojide Kültürel Faktörler
PSİ460 Çocuk Klinik Değerlendirme
PSİ461 Yetişkin Klinik Değerlendirme
PSİ462 Özel Eğitime Giriş
PSİ463 Psikopatolojide Ailesel Faktörler
PSİ464 Kayıp ve Yas Süreçleri
PSİ465 Travma Psikolojisi
PSİ490 Endüstri ve Örgüt Psikolojisi
PSİ491 Trafik Psikolojisi
PSİ492 Spor Psikolojisi
PSİ493 Mülteci Psikolojisi
The document containing the credit information and definitions of the courses can be downloaded from the link below.
Our students can benefit from the following brochure to improve their education and career plans.